B Type technology is a generally accepted international standard. It is recommended for all newer installations of RFID to use this type of hardware.
Most of the manufacturers have adopted themselves to these standards. Main chip manufacturers are ST Microelectronics, TI, Atmel, Inside Contactless etc.
"TYPE B Fundamentals"
Advantages of Type B
· Higher data rates possible
· Faster transaction times due to faster transmission speeds and no 'dead' time due to power cuts, CPU operating continually.
· FCC and ETSI Radio regulations easier to conform to using Type B modulation.
· Better Signal to Noise Ratio for noisy environments
· Future proofed technology which will evolve, hence easier technology migrations in future.
Courtesy : ST Microelectronics
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.